logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Balthazar2k4  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2019 7:32:26 AM(UTC)
Balthazar2k4

Groups: Registered
United States

I have a newly acquired GT300 that I setup per the instructions on the site. I have used the GT300 for about a week and need to charge it (or so I think). The iOS app is reporting 28% charge yet when I plug it in to charge nothing seems to be happening. The unit has been charging for three hours and still says 28%. I tried to SMS the unit to get a battery reading that way, but I am getting no response from the unit. Is there some indication on the unit when charging that it is actually charging (like a light)? I think I may have a dud despite the tracking function working properly.
Shirley  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 12, 2019 6:01:51 AM(UTC)
Shirley

Groups: Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Balthazar2k4 Go to Quoted Post
I have a newly acquired GT300 that I setup per the instructions on the site. I have used the GT300 for about a week and need to charge it (or so I think). The iOS app is reporting 28% charge yet when I plug it in to charge nothing seems to be happening. The unit has been charging for three hours and still says 28%. I tried to SMS the unit to get a battery reading that way, but I am getting no response from the unit. Is there some indication on the unit when charging that it is actually charging (like a light)? I think I may have a dud despite the tracking function working properly.

Dear customer,

The GT300 tracker only supports live track through app or our web platform, cause the sim card plan only includes data.

The tracker will goes to sleep mode if it stops more than 5 minutes, and will not update to the server.

Please keep charging the tracker four hours(the led light is red while charging), take the tracker outdoors after charging, walk or drive with it for a while, the tracker will back to track mode once it moves and gets the signal, and update the data to the server, and the app will show the correct battery status soon.

Thanks

Edited by user Wednesday, December 25, 2019 6:02:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CreamC  
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 7, 2021 9:11:24 AM(UTC)
CreamC

Groups: Registered
United States

I am having this same problem. I woke up to the tracker still being at 22%. So I switch both the outlet & the charger & 5hrs later, still nothing. The red light is still on the tracker which would indicate it’s not fully charged.

I walked around the house with it & it came online, that’s how I know it’s still at 22%. Are you saying I have to drive with it? Because I didn’t have to do that 2wks ago when I had to recharge it.

Please help!
Shirley  
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 7, 2021 8:02:04 PM(UTC)
Shirley

Groups: Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi,

Any light on when charging? Would you please give me the model# of your tracker?

Btw, please re-insert the sim card to ensure correct insertion, and make sure the sim plan is not expired.

Please live chat us of email us to csw@ablegrid.com of your sim card imei#, starting with 89, you can find it on the back of the sim card.

Will confirm the sim card plan for you and figure out the problem with the tracker

Thanks

Originally Posted by: CreamC Go to Quoted Post
I am having this same problem. I woke up to the tracker still being at 22%. So I switch both the outlet & the charger & 5hrs later, still nothing. The red light is still on the tracker which would indicate it’s not fully charged.

I walked around the house with it & it came online, that’s how I know it’s still at 22%. Are you saying I have to drive with it? Because I didn’t have to do that 2wks ago when I had to recharge it.

Please help!