logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
tomoverton  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 27, 2018 3:55:31 PM(UTC)
tomoverton

Groups: Registered
United States

I can only get the current location of my GT001 (attached to a car) when the car is in motion.

If I text wkmd,0# when the car is idle everything works fine once the car moves at a later time, then I get the current location.

However, what I want to be able to do is put the device in full sleep mode (wkmd,2#), and then be able to wake it up at any later time such as the next day, and find out where the device is after it it's moved, even if it's now idle. This never works.

For example, if the device has been in full sleep mode, and then I text wkmd,0#20#, I would expect it to start transmitting its current location. Correct? This NEVER works. I do see the device light up in yellow showing it's active, yet the location is always the previous device location not the current device location. I keep it in wkmd,0#20# mode for a long time but it never updates the device's current location. Only once the tracker moves (car starts driving) does the device's current GPS location start updating.

I assume spotty coverage could cause these problems, but I've tried parking the car to various locations but have the same results.

Am I doing something wrong?

-Tom

AbleGrid  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 1, 2018 10:06:51 AM(UTC)
AbleGrid

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tomoverton Go to Quoted Post
I can only get the current location of my GT001 (attached to a car) when the car is in motion.

If I text wkmd,0# when the car is idle everything works fine once the car moves at a later time, then I get the current location.

However, what I want to be able to do is put the device in full sleep mode (wkmd,2#), and then be able to wake it up at any later time such as the next day, and find out where the device is after it it's moved, even if it's now idle. This never works.

For example, if the device has been in full sleep mode, and then I text wkmd,0#20#, I would expect it to start transmitting its current location. Correct? This NEVER works. I do see the device light up in yellow showing it's active, yet the location is always the previous device location not the current device location. I keep it in wkmd,0#20# mode for a long time but it never updates the device's current location. Only once the tracker moves (car starts driving) does the device's current GPS location start updating.

I assume spotty coverage could cause these problems, but I've tried parking the car to various locations but have the same results.

Am I doing something wrong?

-Tom

you are doing correct.
as said, after full sleep, if the car is idle and not vibrate (moving), the gps receiver is still in sleep mode, it won't get the location, but mode is at wakeup mode, eg. the sim card is ready to transmit the data to the server.

but the tracker will be only try to transmit the location or (SMS command) after the first vibrate or moving is detected

in short, from full sleep to wakeup mode, must have a trigger, which is "movement" or "vibrate"

because it is not necessary immediately send the location since the last location is known , where you setup from wakeup mode to full sleep mode .