logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
AbleGrid  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 16, 2017 1:56:58 PM(UTC)
AbleGrid

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
New GT 4G LTE GPS Trackers GT100 GT200 GT300

GT100 200 300.jpg (21kb) downloaded 11 time(s).

It will be super easy to use our 4G LTE tracker, just charge the tracker, install app or just goto gps.ablegrid.com get a free account , then activate the sim card plan, put it outside few minutes and move around, it will just online.

【Announcement】
we recently redesigned the iOS and android APP for the mobile phone,

please install the APP and you can now register the account and add the tracker directly from the mobile phone.

to install the app, just visit Apple iOS App store or Android Google play store and search "Ablegrid"

in order to avoid the SMS billing cost, always get the realtime data plan,

and LIVE chat with our team online at www.ablegrid.com if you have difficulty to setup the realtime data tracking mode

the real time DATA Tracking Mode is most convenient to locate the tracker.

[important key steps] to make the GT tracker work for the first time use:

if you get the location in China or HongKong when you first time text "URL#" to the tracker, that is ok , the location is the last known location in the gps tracker when it was shipped out.
your tracker has not get the current location yet, all you need to do is to put the tracker outside in the open space and walk or drive for few minutes for the first time use (cold start), so the tracker will get the current location by receiving at least three satellites signal

1) make sure the sim card is activated and have its phone number ready

2) charge the battery, insert the sim card , the blue LED should light up
Very Important: USE the biggest sim card frame, not micro or nano sim card , our sim card is all-in-one size, please detach the biggest one,
simcard.png (21kb) downloaded 10,962 time(s).

here is also youtube vidoe :

3) place the tracker in the car or back yard, ( open space ), for the first time use (also called cold start) , the gps tracker need talk to Tmobile network and get the static ip address, also need to search at least three satellites signals. so it takes a while

4) to test it, simply text "URL#" (not case sensitive, eg. url pound sign ) few times from your cellphone to the sim card phone number in the gps tracker, and you can now leave the gps tracker for while or you can drive the car around to test, you will get the response from the gps tracker with the google map link very soon.

key features of our GT trackers
1) it will goto deep sleep to save the power if it is at the same place over 5 minutes , it will be awake if it moves or detect a shake.

2) it will store upto few days locations if there is no any Tmobile network available, and automatically upload the history once the mobile network is ready, so you can use our web platform to view the history route . [this feature is only available for Data Live Mode]

something you need to know
1) if the battery is completely empty, after charging the battery, you need to take out the sim card and then insert it again to restart the tracker. it will not be automatically turned on

2) you can almost put the tracker at anywhere, such as car driver side compartment, under the seat , or hood, but never put inside the metal container without any windows, it will block the satellites signal. anywhere with little bit open space will be fine. you can always test the location before goto the production use.

More SMS commands to get the tracker battery status
text QP#
and you will get the response, in the response, BAT: will be from 3.5 to 4.1 , 3.5 means battery is empty , 4.1 is full battery

click here, it has youtube tutorial for how to setup the Data Live Mode and also how to use SMS mode

Edited by moderator Monday, December 30, 2019 11:12:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

fastaschit  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 10, 2017 2:24:44 PM(UTC)
fastaschit

Groups: Registered
United States

Hi, on the Gt-001 there is problem I have with unit shows its parked outside and will go into to deep sleep no matter settings. GPS will wake only when vehicle moves a **substantial distance, the GPS will wake from vibration or whatever and start reporting. Problem is, one of the vehicles works almost 1/2 mile away and seems not enough distance, vibration, or whatever to wake GPS and will show still in the driveway at home for the entire time not matter how long or commands sent. Even calling GPS to wake, trying wkmd,0# or wkmd,0#20# or even sending URL# command it will only report last known GPS position and not the new actual location. This has happened many different locations and scenarios. The gps deep sleep & wake on vibrate function is not handy for me and on many occasions will not show me actual location, only previous checkpoint.

For me, even at cost of more battery I would rather a setting where the GPS can wake on command no matter it's position or length of time stopped. Could you please let me know I can change this setting on mine I'd much appreciate it. Also wanted to point out that to get the GPS to wake, for some reason when I switched to GPSONE from ABLEGRID server and it finally woke itself long enough to report the new parked location but went back to sleep and will only report LBS even tying Live tracking WKMD,0#. Of course we don't need to get new tracking unless it moves to another location however, in this case most of the time the location shown in Platform or URL link is not the actuall. All parameters, to my knowledge or know-how on this, are good, Open view of the sky good signal... I've tested this many times under different conditions trying to find solution and nothing I do will force wake the GPS sensor **unless it moves substantially. I end up many times not knowing the location, only previous one. Thanks for your time and look forward to hearing.

Edited by user Friday, November 10, 2017 3:04:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Typos

AbleGrid  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 11, 2017 11:26:12 PM(UTC)
AbleGrid

Originally Posted by: fastaschit Go to Quoted Post
Hi, on the Gt-001 there is problem I have with unit shows its parked outside and will go into to deep sleep no matter settings. GPS will wake only when vehicle moves a **substantial distance, the GPS will wake from vibration or whatever and start reporting. Problem is, one of the vehicles works almost 1/2 mile away and seems not enough distance, vibration, or whatever to wake GPS and will show still in the driveway at home for the entire time not matter how long or commands sent. Even calling GPS to wake, trying wkmd,0# or wkmd,0#20# or even sending URL# command it will only report last known GPS position and not the new actual location. This has happened many different locations and scenarios. The gps deep sleep & wake on vibrate function is not handy for me and on many occasions will not show me actual location, only previous checkpoint.

For me, even at cost of more battery I would rather a setting where the GPS can wake on command no matter it's position or length of time stopped. Could you please let me know I can change this setting on mine I'd much appreciate it. Also wanted to point out that to get the GPS to wake, for some reason when I switched to GPSONE from ABLEGRID server and it finally woke itself long enough to report the new parked location but went back to sleep and will only report LBS even tying Live tracking WKMD,0#. Of course we don't need to get new tracking unless it moves to another location however, in this case most of the time the location shown in Platform or URL link is not the actuall. All parameters, to my knowledge or know-how on this, are good, Open view of the sky good signal... I've tested this many times under different conditions trying to find solution and nothing I do will force wake the GPS sensor **unless it moves substantially. I end up many times not knowing the location, only previous one. Thanks for your time and look forward to hearing.

HELLO, the deep sleep mode WKMD,2# will let the GPS goes to SLEEP ,then once it is moved (or detect the vibration, shaking), the gps satellite will wake up, then this is "cold start" that is why you noticed always need to moves a substantial distance

you can text QP# to the tracker, and it will response the detailed information
such as BAT:3.5 to BAT:4.1 3.5 is almost empty battery , 4.1 is full battery
GPS: SLEEP , otherwise, if not put the tracker gps satellite receiver to sleep, the battery at this size can not standby over few months at sms or 10 to 15 days at Live Data mode

GPS tracker have two receiver modules , network (Tmobile ), which always on if Tmobile netwok is ready , and GPS satellite receiver, which at any mode, will go back to sleep after few minutes at the same location to save the battery energy, the satellite receiver consume more power since need continuously get at least three satellites signals at highest precision.
we turned off LBS in USA, since in asia , there is more Cellular towers (population density is totally different than here ), LBS is useful, but in USA, use LBS to locate the location is mostly useless because it can only show the approx. location based on the mobile network tower.

and based on the number of our customers, not everybody need immediate current location, for example, when somebody start the car , the gps will wake up, and after few minutes cold start, as long as the car is moving, the location is current.

if you need always on gps, you should try TK series vehicle tracker TK110 , since it connected to the car battery, the gps is always on.

we will try to launch the GT series for car ,which without any mode setup , directly connect to the car battery , which will meet your requirement.

hope this will answer your question.

Edited by user Saturday, November 11, 2017 11:32:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

fastaschit  
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 11, 2017 11:47:57 PM(UTC)
fastaschit

United States

I understand what you are saying, before I respond, I wasn't sure how to ask. I can remove my post afterwards because it is attached to a good guide and I do not want to interfere with that. Far as GPS, I don't need constant GPS. I just need it to tell me where the vehicles are. This Gt001 will not most of the time it will only show that last check-in location which could be a little too far. When vehicle is parked at location "C" but is showing location is at point "B". I know that location is wrong so it seems there should be a way to wake up GPS to give final check-in of last position.

The Tk102 will wake GPS at any time so is always accurate. Battery is not as good but with added battery capacity to GT001 not sure why is not possible. Again, not constant tracking needed. Just looking to find way for GT001 to report final resting location, and then it can sleep all it wants to. It does not good to save battery if Accuracy is not correct that is why we have the Unit. GPS seems to go to sleep before before reporting final location. Or if you start vehicle and only drive 1/2 mile still not enough to report, so will still show previous location.

I have used QP# command. I understand how it works. I have long background in electronics and programming. Seems the more ideal for me is something that can work like the TK102 but have a better battery. I was told the Gt001 was what I needed but the options are limited on this one

Edited by user Saturday, November 11, 2017 11:56:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Add last line

AbleGrid  
#5 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 10:05:37 PM(UTC)
AbleGrid

finally

we got the clear answer from the tech since we continue to add more command, sometime the product manual won't update on time

so here is definition
wkmd,0# standard sms mode, same standby time as data mode , for gt 001 is 10 to 15 days
wkmd,0#20# , this will upload the location SMS mode + data mode
wkmd,1#, this is not used in usa, this only get LBS tower signal
wkmd,2# this is put the gps tracker into the sleep mode and only update the location every UTC time 11:00 am (or 11:30am ) once a day and then regardless what happen, won't wake up , only keep mobile network on , so everytime URL# will get the last 11:am location

so always put wkmd,0# , that will get for sure the current location and goto sleep after 10 minutes if it is at the same location. it will wake up automatically when detects the movement or vibration.

if you want get the longest standby time
you can use wkmd,2# to make it goto sleep immediately , the location will be the last known location
(this is very useful for the car rental company, and designed for rental company, since if somebody rent the car and does not want return, although it is extremely rare, so it is not necessary to track all day long, but hidden it somewhere very well can last very long and if the car is lost , only need wait for 11:am UTC location and call the local police immediately and also wake up the gps tracker as well )
this is useful in asia since there is too many shared cars can be rent just by scanning the bar code.

and use wkmd,0# to wake up the tracker 's system, but need the movement or vibration to wake up the gps satellite receiver

thanks again, pls test. you don't need to swith back and forth the commands .
ecc  
#6 Posted : Friday, November 17, 2017 1:38:12 PM(UTC)
ecc

United States

I just got my GT-001 yesterday and used the provided SIM card. I've been playing with the mobile and web interfaces today to get the handle on how to use the tracker. I initially found that the time was set to UTC -8:00 on the web interface. I changed it to UTC -5:00 for my timezone but found the time on the history was off. (during this time, I could see the tracker via the mobile client) I then changed the time to UTC -0:00 through the web and the history shows the correct local times for when the tracker was moving today. However, now my mobile client is indicating that there is No Tracker associated with my account, even though I can still see it on the web portal. How do I get it to show on my mobile client again?
AbleGrid  
#7 Posted : Saturday, November 18, 2017 11:25:59 PM(UTC)
AbleGrid

Originally Posted by: ecc Go to Quoted Post
I just got my GT-001 yesterday and used the provided SIM card. I've been playing with the mobile and web interfaces today to get the handle on how to use the tracker. I initially found that the time was set to UTC -8:00 on the web interface. I changed it to UTC -5:00 for my timezone but found the time on the history was off. (during this time, I could see the tracker via the mobile client) I then changed the time to UTC -0:00 through the web and the history shows the correct local times for when the tracker was moving today. However, now my mobile client is indicating that there is No Tracker associated with my account, even though I can still see it on the web portal. How do I get it to show on my mobile client again?

you need setup both web platform time zone and app time zone

if you can not see the tracker in app, simply backward the menu then get the object menu again.

this is the network issue.
this happens some time when you switch from wifi to cellphone internet (3g 4g lte) and vise versa

if the cellphone internet is not very smooth , it will happen

you can always use SMS mode to get the location if the app or website is not current(due to tracker's tmobile data signal)

or directly use your cellphone web browser to visit gps.ablegrid.com and click mobile version , it is just same , it will be much better if the mobile phone internet connection is not stable
leonel309  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, February 27, 2018 3:06:57 PM(UTC)
leonel309

Dominican Republic

i have an GT021 gps traker and is says that it has an ligth sensor but i dont see any configuraton for that, please help
Shirley  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, February 27, 2018 8:59:05 PM(UTC)
Shirley

United States

Originally Posted by: leonel309 Go to Quoted Post
i have an GT021 gps traker and is says that it has an ligth sensor but i dont see any configuraton for that, please help

Hello,

Please use your cell phone to text LA,ON# to the sim card phone number in the tracker to turn on this function.

And text LA,OFF# to turn it off.

For any other questions, please always get the LIVE Chat support online at www.ablegrid.com

or send the email to csw@ablegrid.com tech support.

Thanks
Tracilayne  
#10 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2018 11:03:59 AM(UTC)
Tracilayne

United States

How to I get my tracker online when it says offline?
AbleGrid  
#11 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2018 11:17:06 AM(UTC)
AbleGrid

Originally Posted by: Tracilayne Go to Quoted Post
How to I get my tracker online when it says offline?

first please make sure it has the battery , GT001 at normal use can last upto 5-10 days depends on cellular signal strength

secondly, sometime the tracker is out of the cellular network coverage area, not all usa area is covered by any carrier such as verizon, att and tmobile

so if the tracker still has the battery or the tracker is not lost, then you will get the response sometime when the tracker is back to the coverage area

you should always use DATA tracking, so you can see the history when the tracker lost the signal

and always contact our LIVE Chat support or email csw@ablegrid.com to do some diagnosis or setup the data mode if your sim card has the data plan

please be aware , if LIVE Chat message box is shown up when all agents are busy.

Tracilayne  
#12 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2018 12:38:58 PM(UTC)
Tracilayne

United States

Thanks! I do believe I have all that set up already. I think it may be out of service area. This is my first day using it so I'm getting familar.
leonel309  
#13 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2018 10:52:26 AM(UTC)
leonel309

Dominican Republic

hi, with the new mobile app i can't access to my account. i can access normally bey the webpage but not in the app.
Shirley  
#14 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2018 6:21:30 PM(UTC)
Shirley

United States

Originally Posted by: leonel309 Go to Quoted Post
hi, with the new mobile app i can't access to my account. i can access normally bey the webpage but not in the app.

Hello,

The usename and password can be used both on webpage and APP.

Please delete the APP and re-install it and try to check if it works.

You can always get the LIVE Chat support online at www.ablegrid.com

or send the email to csw@ablegrid.com tech support if still can't access to APP.

Thanks

qwer8055  
#15 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2019 11:58:22 PM(UTC)
qwer8055

India

says that it has an ligth sensor but i dont see any configuraton for that, please help
Shirley  
#16 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2019 5:11:08 AM(UTC)
Shirley

United States

Originally Posted by: qwer8055 Go to Quoted Post
says that it has an ligth sensor but i dont see any configuraton for that, please help

Hello,

Do you have the Ablegrid GT series trackers or AB320 tracker?

Please send the model# of your GPS tracker to csw@ablegrid.com

Thanks
Shirley