logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Outlawtornbg@gmail.com  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 26, 2017 12:16:31 PM(UTC)
Outlawtornbg@gmail.com

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I purchased the GT seris gps tracker. I have acctivated the sim card that it came with. However nothing happens when I look on the map. Any help will be appreciated.
thanks 1 user thanked Outlawtornbg@gmail.com for this useful post.
teedpain on 12/12/2017(UTC)
gfeurer31  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 26, 2017 4:35:59 PM(UTC)
gfeurer31

United States

I have the same issue. I can receive text alerts but I don't know how to set up the web version.
AbleGrid  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 28, 2017 10:35:31 AM(UTC)
AbleGrid

Groups: Administrators

Originally Posted by: gfeurer31 Go to Quoted Post
I have the same issue. I can receive text alerts but I don't know how to set up the web version.

hello, if you activated the sim card and get the phone number by email or instantly on the screen
that is the phone number you need to use at the following steps

if you are new user and have not read the following, pls do so, because for the first time use, you need little bit information about how the tracker works.

===========common steps to activate the gps tracker=================

follow this very detailed instruction and tutorial
http://forum.ablegrid.co...y-step-brief-setup-guide

=============================================================

if you follow this step very quick, and put the tracker outside for 10 minutes or drive around , 99% will work immediately , if everything correctly setup, some of tracker can not pickup the Tmobile signal in your area so the blue led will be solid forever , you can push the sim card ,and take out the sim card , insert it again and repeat few times, mostly, when you drive to the other place such as shopping mall, work place, it will get the tmobile signal .

and if Tmobile data network is available, you should see the tracker at the web platform or app .

pls make sure there is two modes,

SMS mode (you don't need to use app or website platform )
Live Data Realtime mode ( you DO need to follow the youtube in our tutorial), if you setup correctly, just try text "URL#" to the phone number you just get from the activation

if you can use URL# to get the google map location , but just can not get the tracker working at the web platform

pls email us the sim card phone number and the login username and password ( gps.ablegrid.com 's login) to our tech support email c.ma@ablegrid.com we will setup it for you

SpLiFF  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 28, 2017 12:50:17 PM(UTC)
SpLiFF

United States

Please Help, I just purchased the GT series. I activated SIM card and purchased my plan. Online the device is registered however the signal is yellow then goes blank. Its been like this all morning. Im not able to accurately see my location if I request it through SMS as it says im in shanghai, which im not. Also on the web it says GPS isnt on. Im confused and need help.
SpLiFF  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 28, 2017 12:53:58 PM(UTC)
SpLiFF

United States

Please Help, I just purchased the GT series. I activated SIM card and purchased my plan. Online the device is registered however the signal is yellow then goes blank. Its been like this all morning. Im not able to accurately see my location if I request it through SMS as it says im in shanghai, which im not. Also on the web it says GPS isnt on. Im confused and need help.
thanks 1 user thanked SpLiFF for this useful post.
Hiramking on 1/5/2018(UTC)
AbleGrid  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 29, 2017 10:31:00 AM(UTC)
AbleGrid

Originally Posted by: SpLiFF Go to Quoted Post

yellow is already working

just put the tracker outside and driving, and the location will be updated.
it takes few minutes for the tracker to get the location from the first time use or cold start

Michael Bradford  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 29, 2017 6:51:17 PM(UTC)
Michael Bradford

The tracker won't change location even tho I know it's not at that location
Michael Bradford  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, November 29, 2017 6:54:44 PM(UTC)
Michael Bradford

AbleGrid  
#9 Posted : Monday, December 4, 2017 5:01:06 PM(UTC)
AbleGrid

Originally Posted by: Michael Bradford Go to Quoted Post

please text command wkmd,0# once if you get the response "wkmd, ok" then next time and in the future the tracker is moved, it will response the current location

[By default, the GT series gps tracker is at Standard SMS Mode (same standby time as Live Data Mode)]

Text: wkmd,0# set the tracker to Standard SMS Mode (Default Mode), the standby time is same as Live Data Mode

[To get the longest SMS standby time]
You need to bring the GPS tracker to sleep and then wake up it when you need to know the current location.

Text: wkmd,2#
this will setup the tracker to sleep, and it will only update its location at 11 Am UTC time once a day. so if you use URL# to get the location, the GPS tracker will always return the same location at the last 11:00 Am UTC, if you need to know the current location of the tracker,

Text: wkmd,0#
this will wake up the gps tracker, but only when the gps tracker detects the movement or vibration, it will update the current location (you can refer to its UTC datetime above the location link to verify whether it is current address or not. [note] you can convert the UTC time to your local time by your local time zone). it is a good practice that you combine with vibration alarm command.

After get the location, you can put the tracker to sleep mode again.

[Suggestion]: if the longest standby time is not your primary requirement, just leave this tracker at the default configuration.
CarlaTuck  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 10:14:53 AM(UTC)
CarlaTuck

United States

Hello..i would suggest to put the tracker outside for 10 minutes or drive around , 99% will work immediately , if everything correctly setup, some of tracker can not pickup the Tmobile signal in your area so the blue led will be solid forever , you can push the sim card ,and take out the sim card , insert it again and repeat few times, mostly, when you drive to the other place such as shopping mall, work place, it will get the tmobile signal. I have observed the GPS embedded on the PCBs are much more efficient than the GPS systems which are available in module form. The reason for this the PCB assembly of GPS components provides the required heat efficiency to it.

Edited by user Wednesday, December 8, 2021 8:19:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Shirley  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 5:29:01 PM(UTC)
Shirley

United States

Originally Posted by: CarlaTuck Go to Quoted Post
Hello..i would suggest to put the tracker outside for 10 minutes or drive around , 99% will work immediately , if everything correctly setup, some of tracker can not pickup the Tmobile signal in your area so the blue led will be solid forever , you can push the sim card ,and take out the sim card , insert it again and repeat few times, mostly, when you drive to the other place such as shopping mall, work place, it will get the tmobile signal.

Hi,

Thanks for your great suggestions.

They are indeed helpfull.

Thanks
Shirley